Edit 3-9-2012 Updated MP build 14.03.0038.004 released
EDIT 9-8-2012 - Updated MP build 14.03.0038.003 is currently unavailable due to an issue.
EDIT 8-8-2012 - Updated MP build 14.03.0038.003 released.
EDIT 27-6-2012 - NOTE that the MP is currently unavailable due to an issue. Please see the comments
The Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Management Pack includes a complete health model, extensive protocol synthetic transaction coverage, and a full complement of diagnostics-based alerts and service-oriented reporting, including mail flow statistics. Alerts are classified by impact and recovery action, and are now processed by a new component called the Correlation Engine. The Correlation Engine suppresses duplicate alerts whenever possible to help front-line monitoring technicians monitor Exchange more efficiently. Most diagnostic information used in the Exchange 2010 Management Pack, including events and performance counters, is specifically engineered for monitoring. Very little tuning is required to monitor your Exchange organization. The Exchange 2010 Management Pack will scale with your environment.
The Exchange 2010 Management Pack is engineered for organizations that include servers running Exchange 2010. It isn't based on the Exchange 2007 Management Pack. Therefore, you'll notice some differences in the way you deploy and configure the Exchange 2010 Management Pack if you used the Exchange 2007 Management Pack in the past.
Please ensure that you download and thoroughly read over the Exchange 2010 Management Pack guide before installing the Management Pack. There are important considerations including:
- Running the Exchange 2010 Management Pack installation program installs a new Windows service component named the Correlation Engine service
- Determine which machine will host the Correlation Engine service
- Ensure all Exchange 2010 computers that are manager use LocalSystem as the Agent Action Account
- Ensure that all members in a specific DAG are monitored
- Ensure Exchange 2010 computers are allowed to perform Agent Proxy
- Install required prerequisites