Exchange 2013 RTM CU3 has now been released to the download centre.
CU3 includes fixes for customer reported issues, minor product enhancements and previously released security bulletins. A complete list of customer reported issues resolved in Exchange Server 2013 CU3 can be found in Knowledge Base Article KB2892464.
Note that the filename now reflects the actual CU!
There is also an accompanying KB article that describes the fixes and changes in the CU!
Updates Of Particular Note
- Backup & restore fix
- Usability improvements when adding members to new and existing groups in the EAC
- Online RMS available for use by non-cloud based Exchange deployments
- Improved admin audit log experience
- Windows 8.1/IE11 no longer require the use of OWA Light
- CU3 involves AD schema changes
Backup & Restore - Exchange 2013 CU3 resolves an issue where backups may not restore. Install CU3 and then initiate backups to ensure data is protected. This is discussed in KB 2888315.
- 2874216 Security issue that is described in Security Bulletin MS13-061 is resolved by an Exchange Server update
- 2865161 "Errors: Failed exporting item id: from source id" when you try to copy search results in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2871980 Child domains are not displayed for selection when you create a mailbox by using EAC in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2878160 "The Active Directory user wasn't found" error when you create or update an In-Place eDiscovery search in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2882608 Exchange Server 2013 does not share the inproxy.dll file
- 2886115 Retention policies are not applied to Exchange Server 2013 mailboxes when user accounts are on different domains
- 2888274 WebClientReadFormQueryString string and WebClientEditFormQueryString string return incorrect URLs in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2888315 Event 2112 or 2180 is logged when you try to back up a database in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2888612 Retention policy does not work after you run a cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2889786 Sign-in format for Outlook Web App on mobile devices is not adjusted according to the Set-OwaVirtualDerictory cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2890650 Items in the Drafts folder are not stamped with the retention policy tag in an Exchange Server 2010 or 2013 environment
- 2895487 "Copy Search Results" option does not work in an Exchange server 2013 environment
- 2895500 DBCS characters appear garbled when you run some PowerShell scripts in EMS in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2895678 "Nombre de usuariodominio" is displayed unexpectedly on the Spanish version of the OWA and EAC logon pages in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2902929 You cannot forward an external meeting request in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2902933 "Generate incident report" does not display the "Bcc" field in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2902934 Korean language localization issue in Exchange 2013 OWA user interface
- 2902936 You cannot change SMTP addresses for distribution groups by using EAC in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2902938 You cannot preview Office documents in shared folders by using Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2902939 EMS connection error when you separately install an Exchange Server 2013 Mailbox server and a Client Access server
- 2883203 Exchange Server 2013 restarts frequently after Cumulative Update 2 is installed
- 2890814 No redirection to the Outlook Web App URL for Exchange Online users in an Exchange hybrid deployment
Some Items For Consideration
As with previous CUs, CU3 follows the new servicing paradigm that was previously discussed on the blog. The CU3 package can be used to perform a new installation, or to upgrade an existing Exchange Server 2013 installation to CU3. You do not need to install Cumulative Update 1 or 2 for Exchange Server 2013 when you are installing CU3. Cumulative Updates are well, cumulative. What else can I say,,,,
After you install this cumulative update package, you cannot uninstall the cumulative update package to revert to an earlier version of Exchange 2013. If you uninstall this cumulative update package, Exchange 2013 is removed from the server.
Note that customised configuration files are overwritten on installation. Make sure you have any changes fully documented!
Please enjoy the update responsibly!
What do I mean by that? Well, you need to ensure that you are fully informed about the caveats with the CU and are aware of all of the changes that it will make within your environment. Additionally you will need to test the CU your lab which is representative of your production environment.