The Exchange team today announced the availability of Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3. RU5 is the latest rollup of customer fixes available for Exchange Server 2010. The release contains fixes for customer reported issues and previously released security bulletins.
Update: 17-3-2014 Please also see this article KB 2925273 Folder views are not updated when you arrange by categories in Outlook after you apply Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 Update Rollup 3 or Update Rollup 4
Update: 28-5-2014 The above issue contained in 2925273 is now corrected in Exchange 2010 SP3 RU6.
Exchange 2010 SP3 RU5 is not considered a security release as it contains no new previously unreleased security bulletin, but does contain all previous fixes. Exchange 2010 SP3 RU4 did include a security fix, which is present in RU5.
This is build 14.03.0181.006 of Exchange 2010, and KB2917508 has the full details for the release.
Updates Of Particular Note
2913413 RPC Client Access service crashes with an exception in Exchange Server 2010
2919513 Memory leak or memory corruption occurs in Exchange Server 2010
2892257 Email items are lost when you move items between shared folders by using EWS delegate access
- 2887459 Public folder expiry time is set incorrectly in Exchange Server 2010 SP3
- 2892257 Email items are lost when you move items between shared folders by using EWS delegate access
- 2897935 "Cannot save the object 'FolderName'" error message when you try to replicate Exchange Server 2010 public folders
- 2898908 EdgeTransport.exe crashes if the From field is empty in an email message
- 2903831 Only a single character is allowed in the disclaimer content in ECP
- 2904459 RPC Client Access service crashes if you add "Signed By" or "Send From" column in Outlook online mode
- 2913413 RPC Client Access service crashes with an exception in Exchange Server 2010
- 2913999 Meeting request body and instructions are lost in delegate's auto-forwarded meeting request
- 2916836 EdgeTransport.exe crashes when a transport rule sends a rejection message to an empty address
- 2919513 Memory leak or memory corruption occurs in Exchange Server 2010
- 2924971 RPC Client Access service stops when you select an inactive search folder in Outlook 2007 in an Exchange Server 2010 SP3 environment
- 2926057 EdgeTransport.exe crashes if seek operation failed in Exchange Server 2010
- 2927856 Incorrect recurring meeting if disclaimer transport rule is enabled in Exchange Server 2010
Now, before we rush off to download and install this there are a couple of items to mention!
- Test the update in your lab before installing in production. If in doubt test…
- If the Exchange server does not have Internet connectivity then this introduces significant delay in building the Native images for the .Net assemblies as the server is unable to get to http://crl.microsoft.com. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
We recommend that you clear this security option in Internet Explorer only if the computer is in a tightly controlled environment. When setup is complete, click to select the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box again.
- Update Internet facing CAS servers first
- Backup any OWA customisations as they will be removed
- Test (yes technically this is in here for a second time but it is important!)