This is build 14.03.0146.000 of Exchange 2010. Article 2803727 has the full details for this release.
Probably the two biggest changes that we have been waiting on are:
2814847 Rapid growth in transaction logs, CPU use, and memory consumption in Exchange Server 2010 when a user syncs a mailbox by using an iOS 6.1 or 6.1.1-based device
2822208 Unable to soft delete some messages after installing Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6 or SP3
You can find a previous blog about the soft delete issue here.
In addition to this, there is a fix for the move mailbox issue in Exchange 2010 SP2 RU3+
“Post-move cleanup failed. The operation will try again in 30 seconds”
2763065 Move request log is logged when you move a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment
Exchange 2010 DAG AllowCrossSiteRPCClientAccess Reverts to False is resolved in SP3 RU1.
- 2561346 Mailbox storage limit error when a delegate uses the manager's mailbox to send an email message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2729954 Can't send voice message to a selected non-primary email address in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2750846 Information Store service crashes when you mount public folder databases on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2751628 Event ID 9682 does not record the folder name when you delete a public folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2756460 You cannot open a mailbox that is located in a different site by using Outlook Anywhere in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2763065 Move request log is logged when you move a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment
- 2777742 Address Book service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server when a server has been running for 25 days or more
- 2781488 RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE (0x6BA) error code when you use a MAPI or CDO-based application in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2782683 Email message that a user sends by using the "Send As" or "Send On Behalf" permission is saved only in the Sent Items folder of the sender in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2784210 Ethical wall does not function as expected when the ReportToOriginatorEnabled property is disabled in an Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2010 coexistence environment
- 2793348 Read receipt is sent unexpectedly when you view an email message by using Outlook Web App
- 2796490 Microsoft Exchange Information Store service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2802569 Mailbox synchronization fails on an Exchange ActiveSync device in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2806602 EdgeTransport.exe process crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Hub Transport server
- 2814723 Server loses network connectivity and UDP ports are used up on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2814847 Rapid growth in transaction logs, CPU use, and memory consumption in Exchange Server 2010 when a user syncs a mailbox by using an iOS 6.1 or 6.1.1-based device
- 2816934 Error code 0X800CCC13 when an additional POP3 or IMAP account is used to send an email message and Outlook online mode is used to connect to an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2817140 Exchange Replication service crashes intermittently in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2817852 Cyrillic characters are displayed as question marks in the "To" field of message items in the Sent Items folder in an Exchange 2010 environment
- 2818456 Attachments are missing from an embedded message in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment
- 2822208 Unable to soft delete some messages after installing Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6 or SP3
- 2826066 VSAPI-based antivirus software causes delayed response in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2827037 Copy of an item is created in the Version subfolder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2833888 No items are displayed in Outlook after you install Exchange Server 2010 SP3 or Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- 2840099 ArgumentOutOfRangeException exception when an EWS application creates a new MIME email in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Please Note – Language Issue
This may, or may not be an issue depending on the language used for your Windows Server 2012 installation.
You cannot install or uninstall Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on a computer that is running the double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
- Click the Administrative tab.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.
After you successfully install or uninstall Update Rollup 1, revert this language setting, as appropriate.
The Exchange Team are aware of this and will look to correct this in a future update.
Now, before we rush off to download and install this there are a couple of items to mention!
- Test the update in your lab before installing in production. If in doubt test…
- If the Exchange server does not have Internet connectivity then this introduces significant delay in building the Native images for the .Net assemblies as the server is unable to get to http://crl.microsoft.com. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
We recommend that you clear this security option in Internet Explorer only if the computer is in a tightly controlled environment. When setup is complete, click to select the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation check box again.
- Update Internet facing CAS servers first
- Backup any OWA customisations as they will be removed
- Test (yes technically this is in here for a second time but it is important!)