The below is an excerpt from the December 2014 Office and Outlook updates. This was the first release of an Outlook 2010 build which supported MAPI/HTTP.
However there were some serious issues, and the documentation states that the January 2015 build is the first release that should actually be used.
Description of the Office updates: December 9, 2014
KB2899591 for Outlook 2010 December 9, 2014
- This hotfix lets Outlook 2010 support the MAPI over HTTP protocol so that you can enjoy a more reliable protocol and a better server-client performance and debug ability than the RPC over HTTP protocol.
- You cannot synchronize an Office 365 account in Outlook 2010. Additionally, you receive an “80040600” error in the sync logs.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You add a new contact that has a birthday in Outlook 2010.
- You change the view of the Contacts folder to a table view, such as the List view.
- You add the Birthday or Anniversary field to the table view.
- You change the time zone setting in Outlook Options.
In this scenario, the value of the Birthday or Anniversary field may appear incorrect in the table view.
- Assume that you create a new conditional formatting that filters items by a specific category. In this situation, the conditional formatting may not work for the items that contain one or more categories except the given category.
- Assume that you have a calendar in a public folder. Then, you search items in the calendar in Outlook 2010. When the search result is returned, Outlook may crash if you try to open the calendar by clicking it on the Navigation pane.